Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Forwards

Today I receive a wonder post from my neice Heather. She shared a story about her a resent accomplishment in her life and sent it to everyone. It wasn't anything earth shattering by world standards but one of those little things that just make life a little shinier. I love these kinds of posts!!! In fact every time I get a forward from someone I think "I wish they had sent me a story about their life instead". Even though the "forwards" are sometimes really touching stories I would much rather hear a story about the same friend or loved one. It doesn't have to be anything big... just share a moment of perspective, joy in the small stuff or even a moment of sad realization. I am thinking of putting together a "forward" that asks for just that very thing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like forwards much either. They're too impersonal. I do always try to read through them before I delete them. I know that even if I don't forward them on, they will still manage to circulate around the internet in extreme abundance. So I try not to feel too bad about not sending them to everyone I know.
And before I send an e-mail with some little comment about my day or a couple pictures, I always wonder if the people I'm sending them to are going to roll their eyes and wish I didn't have their e-mail. So allot of times I'll just send it to my mom and call it good.

Mom's Blog said...

If you ever want to share with me..trust I will not roll my eyes.. I always appreciate your e-mails